Monday, June 8, 2009

Rock-a-my-baby!

If there is anyone who can truly put things in the right perspective for me, it has to be my lilP. Now, I have never claimed to be gifted with an exceptional voice, but then since the moral police hasnt yet put the clamps on bathroom singing, I am encouraged to give in to the whims of my vocal chords once in a while. Now of all the people, I do expect my daughter to appreciate that, considering all the lullabys, hymns, rhymes that i have belted out for her ....on-demand anytime day or night.

Just the other day, I was trying to coarce lilP to take a nap, obviously the hidden agenda being, I could put my feet up and relax too. But mademoiselle had better plans..so a series of dry runs over the obstacle course (my battered body and a couple of cushions served the purpose) and umpteen attempts at prying my eyes open with her chubby fingers later, I decided to take the tried and tested route of singing her favourite lullabys to put her to sleep...Cuddled her close to me and started humming, saw her slowly relaxing, eyes drooping and was mentally pleased with myself.

Well the joy was shortlived, coz a minute later, lilP opened her eyes wide, looked straight into my eyes and put her fingers in her ears. Shocked out of my wits on comprehending what she was suggesting, I abruptly stopped singing....the little mite sniggered and promptly removed her fingers out of her ears...and blissfully fell asleep. Now...Now...Children truly are a reality check:-)